Dear Customizr theme users,
The themes also improves accessibility for links within content.
Changelog December 10, 2020 :
- fixed : [WP 5.6][WP 5.7] replaced deprecated shorthands
- fixed : [WP 5.6][fancybox] Close (x) link not working on pop-up image in galleries
- fixed : [WP Gallery Block] padding style conflict created by the theme
- fixed : [headings] H3 heading size not smaller enough than H2 makes it difficult to distinguish
- fixed : [WP 5.7] remove jquery-migrate dependencies
- improved : [Font customizer][performance][JS] remove webfontload library from front js
- improved : [Font customizer][performance][JS] write front js inline
- improved : [Font customizer][performance][CSS] write base front CSS inline + load stylesheet for effects only when needed
- improved : [Font customizer][performance][CSS] loads Google effect images locally
- improved : [Home Features Pages][performance] print front js inline
Fixed in previous version :
- fixed : [WordPress.org requirements][accessibility] Links within content must be underlined. fixes #1869
- fixed : [WP 5.6][jQuery] adapt to WP jQuery updated version. Prepare removal of jQuery Migrate in future WP 5.7 ( https://make.wordpress.org/core/2020/06/29/updating-jquery-version-shipped-with-wordpress/ )
- added : [CSS][links] added a new option to opt-out underline on links. Option located in customizer > Global Settings > Formatting
Customizr free and pro are 100% compatible with WordPress 5.6 and with the latest version of Nimble Page Builder.
Recently introduced in the Customizr theme
New performance options
New option to display featured images in their original dimensions in single posts and pages.
Better search form, more suited to web standards
Better support for images and galleries inserted with the new WordPress editor.
Better integration with Nimble Page Builder
We have recently released a simple yet powerful section builder named the Nimble Builder.
Nimble Builder allows you to drag and drop pre-built sections, or create your own sections in real-time from the WordPress customizer. You can easily create column layouts, and add content like buttons, icons, Google maps and even contact forms in any page.
Check out a live example of Nimble sections in the Customizr theme.
You can install it from your WordPress admin, in Plugins > Add New, search for Nimble Builder.
We are currently working on a knowledge base to help you getting started with the plugin, but you can take a quick tour of the Nimble Builder plugin in action, in the WordPress live customizer, on the screenshots below.
Creating a page with 3 pre-built sections
New option for a header on top of your content
We have recently introduced a new checkbox option for your header, allowing you to make it transparent and positionned on top of your content.
The option is available for your home page when using the modern style of the theme.
The example below shows how it looks when displayed on top of a home page slider.
Credit image : L’Onde, 2017, Florian Pugnaire & David Raffini, Jardin des Tuileries, Paris, https://raffini.net/works/
6 thoughts on “👌🎚️ WordPress 5.6 is here : Customizr free and pro are ready for it and prepared for WordPress 5.7”
Hola! He actualizado a Customizr free (v4.3.14) y después WP 5.6. Ahora en el personalizador solo aparece widgets y tengo problemas con los productos en woocommerce :(.
Thanks for reporting the problem.
Please open a new thread about this in the Customizr forum : https://wordpress.org/support/theme/customizr
This is where we address theme requests and issues.
In the meantime I have found some approaches for the sticky header and have been able to implement a lot. I have a question about this: If I align my logo in the middle, is there a possibility that the logo stays in the middle in the sticky header and doesn’t move to the left? I’ve tried a lot, but unfortunately it doesn’t work. The logo moves to the left every time. I have now placed the logo in the header on the left so that it fits better with the sticky header. However, my goal would be for the logo to stay centered even when sticky. It would be very nice if it worked. Thank you for your help in advance.
Thank you for the new update. Everything worked out fine with it. For a while now I’ve been trying to change something on my sticky header because I don’t like my design that much. I can’t find a way to address the sticky header. Under the settings there are no options other than reducing the size of the logo. What can I do so that I can change something here? Thank you for your help.
Thanks so much for the update, as well as the information regarding the upcoming new version of WordPress and what it implies in terms of theme changes…
You know, one of the main reasons for being so faithful to Customizr Pro is the constant upgrading 🙂 You do updates far more frequently than any other theme I’ve ever bought — and I don’t care nor mind that some of the updates are ‘minor’ and just fix 2-3 things. That’s fine. I rather prefer that and be sure that nothing has been broken as opposed to, say, a release every few years which might be radically different…
Keep up the good work!…
… granted, I’m still hoping for a better way to add custom font pairs (as I’ve suggested elsewhere). Right now, every time there is an upgrade, I have no other choice but to manually add a line to
core/init-base.php. I wish there were a simpler way to doing that (say, a setting on
functions.phpin a child theme). But that’s really the only issue I’ve got; all the rest works fine on all the websites I host with Customizr Pro! 🙂