The Customizr theme has moved to the Font Awesome Icon set
Before this version, the Customizr theme was using Entypo and Genericons, 2 icon sets that we’ve been really happy of during the last 2 years.
Font Awesome includes much more icons (605+ as of today), especially for the social networks. This set of icons is also frequently updated with new icons.
Font Awesome icons are vectors, which mean they’re gorgeous on high-resolution displays, like Retina Displays.
The version of Font Awesome used in the Customizr themes is 4.5+. Font Awesome 4.5.0 doesn’t support IE7, but an older version does. You’ll need to check out the 3.2.1 instructions for using IE7. ( Then go complain to whomever decided your project needs IE7 support :). )
2 new advanced options in the customizer
Developers can decide if the theme loads the Font Awesome resources on Front end. For example it might happen that some plugins already load this set of icons, in this case, you don’t want to load it twice and can uncheck the first option.
By default, the Customizr theme will only load the Font Awesome vectors (the font), not the CSS to use it. A second option can be checked to load the Font Awesome CSS. Developers will find many examples of possible use of the Font Awesome specific CSS code on the Font Awesome official website.
- Add : 3 new social icons: VKontakte, Yelp, Xing
- Imp: WooCommerce icon cart now rendered with font-awesome
- Imp: remove outdated old ie fixes in the head
- Imp: move front and back icons to Font Awesome set
- Add: add customizer setting to optionally load font-awesome resources
- Imp: logo – replace previous upload control in the customizer with cropped images control
- updated translation fr_CA
- Fix: slider – avoid caption increasing slides height
- Fix: amend missing comma in the previous commit
- Fix: better rendering of the social-block in sidebar and colophon when they take up more than one line
- Fix: amend typo in the new control css
- Fix: refine compatibility with old customizr versions
- Fix: make icons in singular post / page contexts skin based
- Fix: never display edit links in the customizer fixes #361
- Fix: avoid outline showing up on links click in ff (v44) fixes #538
- Fix: fix potential warning when using custom skins fixes #540
11 thoughts on “Customizr Pro v1.2.19 ( Customizr free v3.4.19) release note”
A suggestion for the next update. On mobile view if your have two menus on the homepage, the secondary menu appear for some seconds before hiding in the menu bar which it should do automatically. this make navigation hard for the first few seconds as the shown menu covers more than half the screen on smaller devices
Hi, when I am editing the website in WordPress, my social icons and my cart icon are visible in the header bar. However when I look at my website using google chrome/internet explorer they are missing … just a blank square showing. How do i rectify this please ?
The developer team handles support for Customizr at https://wordpress.org/support/theme/customizr and for Customizr-Pro at http://presscustomizr.com/support/. Please post your query there with a link to your site.
my website is showing chinese symbols in mobile version for FB logo on the top of the page and the menu navigator
on the pc version the icons are not showing up for FB top right or the search icon
I need a very basic explanation on how to fix it. I am not familiar with code. I have tried and tried to contact wordpress and cannot get any help.
Since the update I do not have icons across the top. I checked what Menaka said below, all boxes are checked. http://www.kathleenaherne.com/
The icons are present and your site looks really nice!
Thank you, I can see them now too.
I updated and I like the changes… but how can I add the customize icons in widgets now?
From the customiser, go to Global Settings-> Titles icon settings and check against WP sidebar widgets.
Hi, thanks for the update. I notice something strange, though… Now that the fr_CA is included in the language files, I have changed my WordPress settings to use French Canadian as my site language… Now, the Customizr menu (Appearance, Customize), appear in… chinese? corean? (can’t tell them apart).
Thank you! It’s wonderful to see how Customizr is being kept up to date with the latest innovations!