Take the video tour!
Select among 650 + google fonts and regular web fonts
It has never been so easy to preview your fonts : just mouse hover the font and it is instantly displayed in your website preview.
You can even preview the font in the font-family drop down list (works fine n Chrome and Opera).
Select and apply beautiful and impacting CSS3 effects to any text
Bye bye CSS stylesheets : style your font properties and see the result live!
Add unlimited controls to beautifully design any text of your website New!
The new version of the WordPress Font Customizer plugin comes with a unique feature that allows you to take control of any text of your WordPress site.
You can add controls, organize them by groups (header, body, posts, sidebars, …), edit and remove them in just a few clicks, live from the WordPress customizer.
- Open the Custom Control panel and click on “Add a new control”,
- Choose a name,
- Set your css selector(s),
- Select the location group you want to add this custom control to.
- Click on “Add”
Controls are nicely organized by location
When using the plugin out of the box and with any WordPress theme, you’ll see a number of preset font controls (default font, links, headings, blockquote, …). You can add an unlimited number of new controls and organize them by location like header, posts/page, or sidebars for example.
Customizr Theme users : when using WordPress Font Customizer with the Customizr theme, we have even made your life simpler : almost all controls have already been created for you!
Override existing styles
The WordPress Font Customizer plugin includes an option to override the existing style of your theme. From a technical CSS standpoint, this handy feature will add the !important flag to the CSS properties of the control for each you have checked this option.
Going further : a selection of font resources
- Choosing Types Principles
- Four techniques for combining fonts
- 8 tips Combining typefaces
- Rules for beautiful typography
- Principles for beautiful Typography
- The Noodle Incident’s CSS and Text
- W3 Schools: CSS Fonts
- About.com’s Web Design (CSS): What is a Font
- The Noodle Incident’s Tutorial on Typography
- HTMLHelp’s Font Properties
- HTML Source: Text Formating
- University of Minnesota Creative Standards Guide: Text and Fonts
- About.com’s Web Design: How Many Fonts are Too Many
- Thinking with Type
Font Size Resources
- W3c’s Care With Font Size
- CSS A List Apart: Size Matters
- BIG BAER Explains CSS Font-Size
- MIS: Using Relative Font Sizes
- WebDevRes: CSS Font Size Control and Recommendations