At Press Customizr, we develop popular WordPress themes and plugins used by thousands of happy users.
We’re currently looking for a part-time freelance to support our users, and create and maintain the documentation materials. The ideal profile is someone who loves sharing his / her knowledge of WordPress and assist users to solve their problems.
The typical day to day work will be :
- Addressing the open requests in the WordPress.org forum.
- Moderating the support inbox (you’ll be given access to our support ticketing system), ensuring customers receive responses within 24 hours of submission.
- Writing and updating the documentation pages.
- In rare cases, writing basic snippets to solve one-off problems.
This job is currently for a couple of hours per day to supplement our existing support team, but depending on how you succeed, it will evolve into more involvement in the coming months.
You don’t need to be an advanced developer, but you’re a skilled user of WordPress, and your written English is of a high standard.
If you have the following qualities, we’d love to hear from you!
- You’re a freelance and are used to manage yourself in a remote, distributed working environment.
- Good knowledge of WordPress : you’ve already created several websites with WordPress. You’ve tried most of the major plugins and can give a list of your favorites one.
- Good knowledge of a WordPress theme structure : you’ve used child theme for your theme’s customizations and you know which files to modify when customizing a theme.
- Your written English is of a high standard. You’re able to write structured and pedagogical documentation materials, with organized paragraphs and clean screenshots when needed.
- Fluent in HTML and CSS.
- Other base skills are also needed to upload files through FTP, edit .htaccess files
Press Customizr is growing fast and there are lots of opportunities and challenges coming forward. Our main product, the Customizr theme, has been downloaded more than 1.2 millions times and is one of top rated theme on the WordPress.org plaftorm. We are focused on constantly improving our WordPress products to provide the best possible web design experience to our users.
Here’s what you’ll get when working with us :
- Work on WordPress product used by hundreds of thousands of websites all over the world.
- Get to work with best practices with a focus on customer satisfaction.
- Work remotely with flexible hours.
- We think that being a friendly team, and respecting each person’s lifestyle is the best way to work together.
- You will receive your payment at the beginning of each month via bank transfer after sending us your invoice.
HOW TO APPLY
Send us an email to jobs at presscustomizr.com.
Please include the following details :
- When will you be able to start the job?
- How many hours per day / week ?
- Your desired salary / hourly rates.
- Details of your experience with WordPress
- Links to your personal site, blog, portfolio, etc
- Previous Jobs/Experience?
- Where do you live ? (Time Zone)
- Your Twitter, LinkedIn, Github accounts, in case you have one
We would also appreciate a personal note where you let us know why you’re interested in this job and how you work.