How to use the Customizr theme on your website ?
The Customizr WordPress theme is free. Installing it takes only a few clicks.
You need of course WordPress (*) installed on the server of your web domain. Don’t worry, any domain reseller or hosting companies will install WordPress for you 🙂
- Login to your WordPress Dashboard ( yourdomain.com/wp-admin )
- Go to “Appearance > Themes” and click on the “Add New” button
- Search for Customizr
- Install and activate
(*) if you are new to WordPress, head over to this quick introduction : What is a WordPress theme and how can I create my website with it ?
We maintain a comprehensive documentation of the theme in our knowledge base.
Install the Nimble Builder recommended plugin
Nimble Builder is a free yet powerful page builder hosted on wordpress.org. It’s light and 100% compatible with the Customizr theme. It allows you to drag and drop pre-built sections, or create your own sections, in live preview from the WordPress customizer.
See a live example of a page built with Customizr and the Nimble Builder.
To install the Nimble Builder:
- Log into your WordPress site.
- Go to: Plugins > Add New.
- Search for ‘Nimble Builder’.
- Select Install Now
- Select Activate and you’re ready to create your first sections!
Hundreds of Customizr fans can’t be wrong.
Customizr, what for ?
WordPress is probably one of the best tools to publish and organize content (CMS) in the world, but a website is not only about content, it’s also about design. That’s where the Customizr theme comes in. The Customizr theme is a tool to bring design to your WordPress content.
When developing the Customizr theme, the first step has been to analyze the most frequent requests from my clients and to understand what makes a layout and design engaging for their visitors. Everyone has a specific design need for his or her website. A small pizza restaurant in Rome will obviously not target the same audience of a large private equity company based in San Francisco. But ultimately, the goal of those two very different websites will still converge in the way that they need to present what they do in the most impactful and engaging way, hoping that a visitor will stay as long as possible, and could even be converted into more than a simple visitor : client, follower, recurrent visitor, etc.
The Customizr theme has been developed with universal design principles in mind that will work on most websites,for example :
- Logo upload
- Featured content (page, post, images) with sliders, featured pages
- Easily select and apply beautiful typographies with a live Google Fonts picker
- Apply a specific page layout on a page or post basis
Under the hood, a the Customizr theme has been coded to ensure that your website :
- Loads fast (read more about the performance settings) ,
- Adapts to any devices (responsive) : desktop, tablets, smartphones,
- Is compatible with all the major browsers,
- Is optimized for SEO
A reliable and safe theme
The Customizr theme is the result of more than 6 years of development and improvements. Probably most possible mistakes, issues, errors, and plugin collisions have been reported, and for most of them fixed! (thanks to a vibrant community of users 🙂 )
Since there’s no such thing as bug-free software, we have our eyes peeled for any unknown or future bugs. If you have a question about Customizr, chances are it has already been asked and answered in the 10 000 + topics on the Customizr theme forum.
The Customizr theme is hosted on the WordPress.org theme’s repository. To be accepted on this repository, a theme has to respect detailed requirements and guidelines to ensure maximum security for its users, and to be compliant with WordPress best coding practices. Each time a new version is submitted, it goes through a control process with hundreds of automated checks, a final manual test, and an approval made by an administrator of the theme review team.
Made to be customizable
Since its inception, the Customizr theme has been designed to be easily customizable and extendable.
Live customizations with the WordPress Customizer
|The first level of customization can be accessed from the WordPress admin area, in Appearance > Customize. There you’ll find a set of options allowing you to change your site’s appearance in real-time. With 135 + different options to choose from, the theme offers endless possible combinations of unique webdesigns. Jump to the documentation to discover all the customization options included in the theme.|
For designers, Customizr offers a live Custom CSS field to test and apply simple style modifications. For more complex style changes, the Customizr theme is child-theme ready and there’s no limit to overriding and extending the default CSS stylesheets of the theme.
Customizr is licensed under the GNU GPL v2 or later.
You can use it for commercial or non-commercial projects.
WordPress Review Team
Those guys are doing an awesome job! They are a bunch a volunteers, WordPress experts, reviewing every single theme submitted to the WordPress.org platform. They carefully check if each theme is compliant with the guidelines (which is quite a big task to do believe me!) So thanks to them, and especially to the guys who reviewed and approved Customizr :
- Josh Pollock
- Greg Priday
- Chip Bennett
- Emil Uzelac
- Rohit Tripathi
- Carolina Nymark
- @ElectricFeet, snippets author and forum contributor
- @rdellconsulting, snippets author and forum contributor
- @acub, snippets author and forum contributor
- @Tomaja, snippets author and forum contributor
- @d4z_c0nf, snippets author and forum contributor
- The WordPress forum moderators who are doing such great volunteer work
Customizr core code contributors
- Twitter Bootstrap (Apache License)
- Modernizr (BSD and MIT licenses)
- Thomas Reynolds for the jquery iphone check (licensed GPL & MIT)
- fancybox.net (MIT and GPL licenses)
- Entypo and genericons font icon (SIL Open Font License / GPL)
- Justin Tadlock for his really good breadcrumb classes (GPL)
- Ben Doherty for the oop approach in WordPress
- Yaacov Glezer(he_IL)
- Joris Dutmer (nl_NL)
- Evgeny Sudakov (ru_RU)
- Igor (ru_RU)
- Marcin Paweł Sadowski (pl_PL)
- Johnny Nyström (sv_SE)
- Andrea (it_IT)
- Roner Marcelo (pt_BR)
- Rodrigo Stuchi (pt_BR)
- María (es_ES)
- Pia Wiche (es_ES)
- Martin Bangemann (de_DE)
- Luckie Joy (zh_CN)
- Ramez Bdiwi (ar)
- Andrei Georghiu (ro_RO)
- Ferencz Székely (hu_HU)
- Jaume Albaigès (ca_ES)
- Ahmet Hakan Ergün (tr)
- Martin Filák (cs_CZ)
- Angel Calzado(es_ES)
- Toshiyuki Tsuchiya(ja)
- Juha Tiihonen(fi_Fl)