The Customizr theme v3.2.15+ has cool new options like automatic drop caps, external links icons or Google fonts loaded in the admin editor. Thanks to our growing and awesome users community, we have been able to fix many bugs and issues. This is a safe update for child theme users.
Customizr Pro user ? All those features are of course included in the pro version v.1.0.10.
New features and options
Custom Drop Caps in paragraphs
The Customizr theme now includes a simple feature to apply optional drop caps to your pages and posts. This option can be found in Appearance > Customize > Content > Paragraphs.
It automatically turns the first letter of the first paragraph into a drop cap, in any post or pages. Users will find some simple settings allowing them to change the style of the drop cap (2 styles possible) and where it is displayed.
To avoid visual issues with small paragraphs, the dropcaps are applied by default to paragraphs containing at least 50 words. This can be easily changed with a specific stepper setting controling the minimum number of words required.
This feature is enabled by default on new Customizr installs.
External links icon and target
External links can now be distinguished with a specific icon like in the example below. You can now also choose to force all external links to open in a new browser tab.
Note : A link is considered external if it is pointing to a domain name different than the main domain of your website.
You can control these external links options in Appearance > Customize > Global Settings > Link style and effects.
Author Box becomes optional
The author box is this block displayed after the single post content like in the example below.
Until now, it was automatically rendered if a user had filled the Biographical info in his user profile.
You can now choose to display it or not with a specific new option in Appearance > Customize > Global Settings > Authors
User defined fonts are now loaded in the WYSIWYG WP editor
The fonts selected in Appearance > Customize > Global Settings > Google Fonts are now loaded into your WP admin when you are editing your posts or pages. It make it easier to preview to final result of course !
Better support for RTL in the theme customizer
Thanks to a very active Customizr contributor’s help and feedbacks, we have been able to improve the user experience for RTL languages in the theme customizer.
Logo, favicon and title options
Previously located in the customizer header panel, the logo, favicon and title settings have been moved to the Global settings panel, since those elements can be used not only in the header but in the entire website.
The Customizr theme is compatible with The Event Calendar
Following a bug report in the theme forum, some improvements have been brought to the theme to make it fully compatible with The Event Calendar plugin which is apparently used by many people.
- add missing icon parameter to wp_get_attachment_image()
- .tc-open-on click submenus typo
- sticky header : additional refresh on scroll top for some edge cases like big logos
- check if wp_query var exists otherwise a notice will be displayed (plug-in not running) when WP_DEBUG is on
- Fix a rtl issue for the slider control arrows
- fix the issue with the front js params when scripts are not concatenated
- missing ‘%’ escape when sprintf tc-thumb inline style
- Fix issue with tc_post_list_thumb_height : check if exist in options
- Fix donate and cta in subpanel
- retrieve correct ID in posts page
- fix typos and missing matching visibility condition
- Fix tc_check_filetype: we want just the basename
- Fix logo print: don’t use wrong attachment’s height & width
- Fix: dropdown menu on click
- Fix: make slides centering compatible with ‘link the whole slide’ snippet