The Customizr theme has moved to the Font Awesome Icon set
Before this version, the Customizr theme was using Entypo and Genericons, 2 icon sets that we’ve been really happy of during the last 2 years.
Font Awesome includes much more icons (605+ as of today), especially for the social networks. This set of icons is also frequently updated with new icons.
Font Awesome icons are vectors, which mean they’re gorgeous on high-resolution displays, like Retina Displays.
The version of Font Awesome used in the Customizr themes is 4.5+. Font Awesome 4.5.0 doesn’t support IE7, but an older version does. You’ll need to check out the 3.2.1 instructions for using IE7. ( Then go complain to whomever decided your project needs IE7 support :). )
2 new advanced options in the customizer
Developers can decide if the theme loads the Font Awesome resources on Front end. For example it might happen that some plugins already load this set of icons, in this case, you don’t want to load it twice and can uncheck the first option.
By default, the Customizr theme will only load the Font Awesome vectors (the font), not the CSS to use it. A second option can be checked to load the Font Awesome CSS. Developers will find many examples of possible use of the Font Awesome specific CSS code on the Font Awesome official website.
- Add : 3 new social icons: VKontakte, Yelp, Xing
- Imp: WooCommerce icon cart now rendered with font-awesome
- Imp: remove outdated old ie fixes in the head
- Imp: move front and back icons to Font Awesome set
- Add: add customizer setting to optionally load font-awesome resources
- Imp: logo – replace previous upload control in the customizer with cropped images control
- updated translation fr_CA
- Fix: slider – avoid caption increasing slides height
- Fix: amend missing comma in the previous commit
- Fix: better rendering of the social-block in sidebar and colophon when they take up more than one line
- Fix: amend typo in the new control css
- Fix: refine compatibility with old customizr versions
- Fix: make icons in singular post / page contexts skin based
- Fix: never display edit links in the customizer fixes #361
- Fix: avoid outline showing up on links click in ff (v44) fixes #538
- Fix: fix potential warning when using custom skins fixes #540