19 thoughts on “Remove categories and tags buttons in the post metas block

hallo, i try this but i still see categories and tags in the post metas block, not the buttons but the name of the category, tags, autor and date…

how can i clean it
    to see only the name of the post and nothing more?

Nadine Sabulsky

I’m not sure if I’m doing this right. My goal is to display the author name and date posted, without the categories or tags showing up. I added the code snippet from #2 (Alternate method) into my child theme functions, however it is still showing the category and tags :/

Here’s a link to one of my categories: http://www.thenakedlifecoach.com/category/media

Please advise how I can resolve this issue.

Thank you for your time!

PS: adding the #1 Method (to remove all metas) in the function.php file worked great, however I DO want to still display the post date at the very least, so is there a way to remove all the info except that?

Amy Weik

Hi Nadine – I see from your link that you figured out how to display just the author and date with your posts. Can you share your code snippet that accomplished this? Thanks!

Margrethe Moxnes

I am having the same problem. Added the code snippet, and the buttons disappeared, but the text with hyperlinks are still there.
    I wish to remove categories and tag, but want the date and author to show.

Thank you for your help!

– Margrethe

biagio di micco

looking at this page, I can see, under the post title a lot of tags or categories grouped by some labels: can you please help me in understanding how can i have the same results?

Thank’s a lot

Hi biagio, this has been done by using the hook of the post meta : ‘__after_content_title’.
      You can add whatever action you want to this hook.
      Hope this helps!

biagio di micco

thank you for your reply: unfortunately I’m new of your beautiful theme and of wordpress in general. What I would realize is exactly what you has on this blog: some tags groups (or category groups), organized with label for each groups and differenziate with colors.
        It’s possible to give more details on thar (by ex. some example code or references)?

Thank’s for your patience.

I would just like to get rid of any mention of tags, categories and author on my posts. So where it says, “This entry was posted in Uncategorized on November 12, 2014.” I just want the date and nothing else. How do I achieve this?

Hi there!

My problem is that I want to rid of hyperlinks on date numbers in my blog page and individual posts but not the numbers themselves. I use a Child Theme and would like to have some code to insert in the functions.php for example. Thanks!

Jessica Chapman

Hi there.. I wanted to use a child theme for my customizr pro, but all my information gets lost once I activate it. The reason for why i wanted to do this was to eliminate the archives categories and tags on the beginning of each post and page, so that didn’t work and i went ahead and copy pasted your code:
    //Remove meta-tag buttons
    add_filter(‘tc_category_list’, ‘rdc_category_list’);
    function rdc_category_list($output) {
    return preg_replace(‘”btn btn-mini”‘, ‘””‘, $output);

add_filter(‘tc_tag_list’, ‘rdc_tag_list’);
    function rdc_tag_list($output) {
    return preg_replace(‘”btn btn-mini btn-tag”‘, ‘””‘, $output);

To the Functions PHP of my Customizr Pro, but still you could see the category archives and all the information I didn’t want to see so I eliminated that. And now when i want to see my web page its in BLANK! What should i do?!
    Hope you can help me!

Hi Jessica,

There’s an option to disable the post metas (like categories or tags) in the theme customizer. Navigate to Appearance > Customize > Content > Post metas and you’ll be able to select which metas you want to display.

Did this help ?

I tried this method and after I save and go back to view my website the meta descriptions are still there.
        I unchecked “Display Post Metas” but they still show after I save.

Any Suggestions?