Newbie in webdesign / webdev? Thanks to Dave Bardell we now have an handy guide to understand the CSS basics and style the Customizr WordPress theme.

Check it out here to create your beautiful webdesign : colors, positionning, fonts, margin/padding, borders : Guide to CSS and HTML in the Customizr WordPress theme

8 thoughts on “New guide to style CSS / HTML for the Customizr WordPress theme

Mike iLL

Hi Nocolas.

For this project we are changing the body background color on the home page and I’m using the following code in the Child Theme’s functions.php file.

Where ‘customizr-skin’ is a dependency argument that is supposed to refer to the handle of the css I want mine to load AFTER.
    I can achieve the desired effect by using !important in the css: http://www.margaretwarren.us

But I have searched all the customizr code for wp_enqueue for a handle that will connect with Blue.css and put my code after it – to no avail. Can you help?

Nicolas Post author

Hi Mike,
      You have done the right thing but in the wp_enqueue_style WordPress function, the
      dependency parameter is expected to be an array
      when you have used a string.

Replace ‘customizr-skin’ by array(‘customizr-skin’) and you should be done.
      Best.

Mike iLL

Thank you! Here is the correct code:

R. Howard

Is there a reason that some of the style declarations seem to be exact duplicates in, for example, grey.css? What am I missing here? I want to delete them if not needed. One example is below:

Thanks in advance for your expert answer!

R. Howard

Whoops! I should make it clear that the css shown in my previous comment has an exact duplicate listed immediately below the first declaration of the style shown. These duplicated declarations start on line 4944 of the style sheet, provided you have not altered the CSS.

Kenny Vangelooven

I am trying to get excerpts running on wordpress, with te Customizr theme. I have been searching for a long time and found some useful tips. However, when I try changing codes, I do not get the result I want.

I either get just a text or nothing at all.

I am not sure if this is theme related or WordPress in general.

If you could be so kind to take look at http://www.smxpics.be/V2 . The post titled ‘Nog nen test’ is looking like I want it. I have done this by simply adding a link to the post. I would like this to appear automatically when using the excerpt field of a post.

If you would like to know what the content of the site will be, please visit http://www.smxpics.be
    This is the version of the site we have running at this time. Our goal is to replace this with the ‘V2’ one.

Thanks in advance for your advice and tips.
    Kind regards,