This new release fixes some plugin compatibility problems ( Event Calendar for example ) reported in the forums, mostly related to the image smart load feature, introduced in v3.2.0.
It also adds back the comments section to the customizer panel, which had been accidentally removed in v3.2.0.
Version 3.2.1 is safe for child theme developers.
Hueman Addons plugin
In v3.2.1, we’ve introduced a non intrusive notification in the admin panel, to recommend the Hueman Addons plugin. This plugin has been designed and developed by us for the Hueman theme.
As per the theme developer guidelines on WordPress.org, themes must include a limited range of features, mostly related to design and style. Anything that adds specific content is considered as plugin territory and must therefore be included accordingly, in a separate plugin.
The Hueman Addons adds the following features :
- a lightweight Share Bar to your single posts allowing your visitors to share your content on Facebook, Twitter, Google, Pinterest or LinkedIn with a simple click.
- Useful shortcodes to easily add columns, dropcaps and other nice styling to your post content.
Those features are documented here:
Major feature introduction coming for Hueman Addons
We’re currently working on a major feature introduction to this plugin in the coming weeks. I don’t want to make some kind of teaser here, but be prepared for a breakthrough in terms of customizations possibilities :).
More details shortly!
Header template changes
The header template has been simplified. It now retrieve a template for the
<header> tag located in
The topbar block has also been isolated into a new template located in
The purpose of those changes is to have more flexibility to override the default header elements from a child theme or from a plugin.
Changelog for v3.2.1
- fixed : add back the comment section in the customizer, accidentally removed in the latest version (issue #292 )
- fixed : include dev-font-awesome.css in the build (fix issue #295 )
- added : TGMPA plugin recommendation class for Hueman Addons
- added : waypoint js lib (+9ko in script)
- imp : improve the events calendar compat with the img smartload feature
- imp : wrapper the_post_thumbnail into hu_the_post_thumbnail => fixes smart load img conflicts with plugins, we now only filter our own filter and not WP one.
- imp : header.php is now calling a sub-template, parts/header-main.php
- imp : top nav is rendered with a sub-template, parts/header-nav-topbar.php